The Need For E-Learning Authoring Tools
Cloud-based authoring tools are a good addition to the traditional authoring tools as information that needs to be disseminated to the subscribers can be stored in the cloud storage which is found on the web. This makes accessing information easier as the user doesn’t have to be attached to their on-premise computer in order to obtain the necessary training required to complete company projects. Authoring tools are used for eLearning content creation that can be customized to meet the needs of a particular company.
The software used for course development can be downloaded or installed on individual devices which have e-learning tools that can be used for the creation of customized courses for the end users of a particular company. This course software can be uploaded on the LMS for students to be able to access the course from their own portable devices. After some research and development, the tools have become more sophisticated so that they are cost effective and save time which has become crucial for information dissemination to an entire workforce.
Pros Of Cloud-Based Authoring Tools
1. Easy Software Updates
• The content that is created for the employees to be trained can be easily updated and put up on the premise-wide connection. For example, if some employees of a pharmaceutical have to learn about a new formula to be used, then online authoring tools can be used to update the new information on the LMS so that all the employees are aware of the new changes to be made.
• The courses that have been developed using the old formula need to be replaced with the new formula which can be viewed by the employees on their mobile devices. Cloud-based services enable information updates that can be conducted easily, with the changes visible once the users log in to their accounts again.
2. Feasibility Of Course Learning
• Cloud-based authoring tools can help users learn from anywhere at any time. Business processes and product launches can be easily communicated through cloud services.
• The progress of the employee during a specific course can be easily monitored as data can be easily saved on cloud. Training can be resumed by travelling employees as well, as the cloud storage can be accessed from anywhere. Learning goes uninterrupted for travelling employees and on-premise employees.
3. Minimizing Testing Problems
• Testing can be easily reduced if the information that has been put on the LMS by one employee is already verified by another employee due to their transparent connectivity.
4. Redundancies Are Avoided
The uploading and distributing process within the organization becomes transparent and this prevents the cycle of multiple copies of the same task. Once the task has been completed, an alert can be sent to all other employees regarding task completion.
5. Reviewing A Particular Task Becomes Easier
The deadline for a particular project task is placed for every team and individual employee to view. This ensures that once the deadline is passed, the completed task can be reviewed and corrected easily. Once the changes have been made by the senior, the entire team can see them.